My sister and I took a mini ‘Spring Break’ to Los Angeles last week and boy were we in for a shock of cold! After experiencing day after day of warm temps on the east coast all we could find in LA were shivering palm trees swaying in the cold and rainy wind! Luckily we packed layers of cardigans and scarves. Although we only took a day off from work for our quick west coast trip, the mere action of getting away reminded me of the good old days of actually having a Spring Break! Whether you are able to get away with your kids this year when they are off from school or you are just dreaming of a getaway in the future, let’s channel our inner Spring Break urges this week!
Me in Hollywood with Audrey Hepburn’s star. I paid homage to Audrey’s classic style by wearing my favorite Issac Mizrahi flats!
We all want to look and feel our best when getting ready for a big trip so I put together a little dream prep and packing list to help get us ready and excited for a little spring vacation.
A Spring Break prep/packing list:
2 weeks before
- If you want to show off your best ‘Spring Break Self’ on the beach or boardwalk; 2 weeks before you leave is a good time to focus on eating healthy and getting lots of exercise like walking or running. Make it your goal to drink 8oz of water each day – making you feel hydrated and healthy!
1 week before
- Start taking out some of your clothing options you want to pack if they are still in warm-weather storage. You never know what may need a quick rinse or ironing after being tucked away all winter.
- A last-minute celebrity diet tip before big events is to cut out refined sugars as well as dairy. This beats bloat – making you feel even better in your Spring Break ensembles!
2 days before
- Packing time! Be sure to pick out pieces that are versatile and that will travel well.
- Use the trick of rolling your clothes rather than folding to ensure less wrinkles when you arrive
For more fashion advice and details, check out my full blog post on the QVC Community Page. Also, be sure and tune in tonight at 10pm EST for 2 hours of ISAACMIZRAHILIVE! on QVC! I’ll be the Social Host on twitter tonight on the @QVC handle so ‘tweet’ me with any fashion questions you have for Isaac himself!