Last Minute Mother’s Day Ideas
Mother’s Day is this Sunday, May 12th!
If this is news to you, don’t worry, you are not a bad daughter or son.. yet! Be sure to do something special for Mom this Sunday. She loves you only the way a mother can and we’ll bet she remembers your birthday each year! (Anyone else out there get a call or text right around the time you actually came into this world?) It is pretty great and a bit trippy when you stop to think about it..
So just in case you haven’t yet put a card in the mail or planned something special for Momma, read on for inspiration on what to do for your special mother on her special day.
Image via Southern Living
LOCAL—> Make Mom a Restaurant Style Brunch – at home:
Didn’t make a reservation at Mom’s favorite brunch place for this Sunday? Rather than looking like a goof and showing up to put in your names for an hour plus long wait; make her breakfast at home! Here’s a few ideas of what to buy at the grocery store this weekend to really kick up the level of home cooking.
- Mimosa or Bellini ingredients = champagne and orange juice, or champagne and peach nectar
- Smoked salmon, cream cheese, chives, tomatoes, and bagels. You can put together a make-your-own lox and bagel station!
- All the fixings for a scrambled egg ‘bar.’ Take Mom’s order and get busy in the kitchen!
- Get some muffin mix to make fresh muffins before Mom wakes up. To make them even more homemade, consider mixing in: fresh fruit like raspberries or strawberries, chocolate chips, mashed banana, walnuts, dried blueberries, dried cherries, or even coconut flakes.
image via Closet Cooking
REMOTE—-> Send Her Something, STAT!
Flowers make my mom sneeze. I can’t remember the last time we opted for pretty blooms for Mrs. Kiss. The wonderful thing now is that there are so many options of gifts and thoughtful cards to send Mom that you can really get creative this year!
Here are a few cute ideas for you to jump on:
- Edible Arrangements
- A gift that keeps giving! Monthly beauty box subscriptions like, Birchbox, Glossybox, or Total Beauty
- Another gift that keeps giving! Monthly club subscriptions like: wine clubs, flower clubs, cheese clubs, or even beer!
- Cards that let you record a cute message. Moms LOVE this!
Image via My Top Finds
HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!!